Thursday 15 September 2011

After A Night In The Cells

Outside of Gillbridge Police Station
Sunderland
Early Morning
2011 09 11



So what’s your name?

<> Nicola

That’s a nice name
Are you not cold in that skimpy outfit?

<> A bit

Can I offer you my jacket?

<> It’s all right

No, no I insist
You woman
Walking around town on cold nights a few garments short of your birthday suite as if nothing is the bother
Yet get you home and you all start to shiver while pulling garments up around your neck and saying, would you put the fire on

<> Ha, ha, ha

What you hanging about for

<> My partner is in the cells

Do you love him?

<> Yes

That’s good
Restores my faith in humanity to know there are people who still know love
So many young people these days say they don’t believe in it
But it is real
A manifestation of the Good Lord himself

<> Are you a Christian?

I love the Lord

<> Are you in love?

Not at the moment
Though I have had my moments
I have been blessed with love
I have had feelings of love for a lot of woman
But I have only been in love four times
It’s the greatest feeling in the world
But
To be heartbroken is total shit
And I have been heartbroken with each of those four women
I was blessed to meet each of them
But I’ll take the pain
To have the gain
Once again

<> Are you Geordie Gardiner?

The same

<> And do you party around the pubs?

Sort of
Have you heard?

<> Most people have

Have they?
Have you heard good or bad reports?

<> Good
They say you are funny

Do they
My aim
To spread a little happiness in Sunderland
Like Ken Dodd would sing
Happiness, happiness
The greatest thing I possess
I thank the Lord that I have been blessed
With all my share of happiness
But as the Scouse lads I served with in the army would say
He is not singing happiness
He is singing ha penis, ha penis
The greatest thing I possess
I thank the Lord that I have been blessed
With all my share of ha penis

<> Ha, ha, ha
What other songs do you sing?

Well I do not have a good singing voice
But as the grunts in the American Marines might sing
You’re just too good to be true
Can’t take my eyes off you
You’d be like heaven to touch
I want hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I am alive
You’re just too good to be true
Can’t take eyes off you

<> Ah that was so nice
Who sang that?

The great Andy Williams
What is your name again?

<> Why?

Might put this little chance meeting on my Blog

<> Nicola

OK check it out
And well you might have a few fond memories of this evening


<>


Andy is cool
Check it out


PS

If you’re out there Nicola send a photograph for the Blog

No comments: