Saturday 27 August 2011

The Bonobo Tango

First coined in Plains Farm Club



<> Do you like dancing?

All night

<> Do you like Salsa?

Well I have seen it before and I remember I liked what I saw but I just cannot picture it in my mind at the moment.  I like Tango, I would love to learn to dance Tango, would you be my Tango partner then we could Tango all night long.

<> What is it you like about Tango?

It’s sexy
I don’t like the Come Dancing type Tango of the like that might make Bruce Forsyth’s chin hit the floor.  In fact I am not that keen on the older type Tango music, about ten years ago or so a group of Argentinean musicians got together and developed a more modern type of Tango music, they called themselves the Gotan Project, check it out on You Tube it’s cool.  Whenever I see that Come Dancing type Tango it always looks stiff but there seems to be a more fluid movement when I have watched videos that include the modern Tango music.  Shit I love it.

<> But is it sexist?

Sexist my arse
How do you work that out?

<> Can it not be read as a representation of male dominance?

Dear me
Is that because it could be perceived as having a whiff of the Bull Fight?
With elements from gypsy dancers
Doing the Flamenco
Who are after his balls

<> Ha, ha, ha

Bullshit
It is the female that is central
It is a celebration of the female form
It is the most sensual dance I have ever seen
There are macho elements
But generally the dominant element is the worship of the female form
There might be elements that express male aggression  
But at some point he melts before the beauty of the flowing movement
Shit if ye want good legs learn the Tango
Argentinean woman must have some of the best legs in the world 

<> So what is Bonobo Tango?

Ha, ha, ha I was once dancing in a club & a black guy from the band that was playing said he had never seen anyone dance like me before and he asked me to give the dance a name.  So after a little thought I said, OK I’ll call it Bonobo Tango.

<> How did you develop the dance?

Well the only form of exercise I use is dancing.  I have had numerous injuries to my legs over the years and in an attempt to regain fitness I would dance and because of injuries I could not use any jarring movements.  That’s it.

<> Why Bonobo?

Have you heard of the Bonobo?

<> No

Well here we go
I am no expert of Geology and the like so my explanation is not going to be precise.  Plates in the earth clashed together to form mountain ranges and such and such movements formed the Congo.  On the east of the Congo the Chimpanzee cannot rely on a vegetarian diet, they will eat almost anything including small animals they are able to kill.  They are aggressive creatures and it is a male dominated society, the dominant male can have sex with whatever female he wants and whenever he wants. Anthropologist in the past have used studies of the Chimpanzee as a way of demonstrating the aggressive link between apes and man.  On the West of the Congo the vegetation is completely different, it is a rain forest and in that jungle live the Bonobo.   The Bonobo are in fact exactly like the Chimpanzee but because of their environment they have developed in a completely different way.  They have a totally vegetarian diet and would you believe it is a female dominated society.  If a male does something wrong then sex gets knocked on the head for a few days, ha, ha, ha and none of the females will have sex with him.

<> And how did they develop differently?

Because the Congo split Africa asunder and what I find interesting about it is if the aggressive Chimpanzees on the east of the Congo can be shown to be a link to the aggression of man how is it that the Bonobo on the west of the Congo cannot be used to show how it is that not all humans are aggressive.  I have spoken to a number of switched on feminists about the subject and I believe in this century woman are going to take a huge leap for mankind and we, ha, ha, ha, which includes me are the Bonobo Tango.


<>


Tango is Beautiful
Check it out ladies

<>

No comments: