Monday 5 September 2011

A Dance With A Silksworth Lass


I said to the taxi man take me to a pub in Silksworth, I cannot remember the name of the pub, so I will include the pub details later

Update:
It was in the Hunter's Lodge

<>

<> Come here you

Me?

<> Yes

<> Why is that song your signature tune?

Because although my Blog Fit To Be Loved is about all kinds, the battle of the sexes, Sunderland & all kinds besides, it is also about love and I can’t help falling in love with you.  That’s why.  Shit lets get the boys together & have a singsong.  I’ve done it before in other pubs.  I’ve had everyone singing it, shit & it’s fucking great, as good as any male voice choir.

<> Who sang it originally?

Well I think originally Elvis sang it & a whole host of others but the UB40 version is so fucking cool.

<> What is it that makes it so cool?

Well the Elvis version is a little serious almost, if you know what I mean, Celine Dion makes it sound a little sad but UB40 make it a totally joyous song, it’s bubbly and the only version that makes me want to dance to it and the Blog is among other things about falling in love and so that’s it.  Let’s make it the song of Sunderland.  Let’s all sing the bastard when we are walking home pissed late at night.  Let’s put a fucking smile on the face of Sunny Sunderland.  Make a DVD with videos of different versions sang in different pubs in the city, the Alex, pubs in Silksworth & such.  Just got to dream about it.  Then ye got ta take your dreams & make them reality. 
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
Coz I can’t help falling in love with you

<> And I love you

Do you?

<> Yes

But we have only just met

<> I know
I love you

It might just be fleeting
But at this moment my heart is beating
Just for you

<> Lets Dance

And I can’t help falling in love with you


<>

No comments: