Wednesday 17 August 2011

ON A PROMISE

On A Promise
From Petite Feet
In the Alex

<>


In the course of the evening we have talked about this, that & the other.  I am reminded of a Lava Lamp of orange with purple shapes forming and reforming in a way similar to that that has gone by but never quite the same to the naked eye.

<> You’re a poet

And I don’t know it
A rhyme ever time

<> Could you write about me?

Def – in – ate – thee

<> Ate?

Too Heat
When things get hot
Something sweet

<> Like what?

A peach
Sounds about right
Or something else you might got
Natural yoghurt
From off of ye bot

<> And what would I have?

You choose
The menu is vast

<> Pineapple

Ha, ha, ha
Ha, ha, ha
Out of season?
Or in season?

<> Out

Ha, ha, ha
Ha, ha, ha
Then tinned it is
Ha, ha, ha
Then pop a cherry on the top

<> Ha, ha, ha

Do you like loosing?

<> No one does

Humour me
That bet
Earlier
Why did you not take it?

<> Because
I want you

Do you?
For the evening?
Or
Maybe
Forever after?

<> I’d like to remember
Forever
After

Shit
Another one nightstand
Then
As likely as not
I will never see you again
Which is in the nature of one night stands

<> I will see you again

Will you?

<> It’s a promise

Is it?
Here lads
Hear this
She has put me on a promise
Now you don’t promise people things then let them down do you?

<> No

That’s not a lie is it?

<> No

Well I know woman keep their word
They don’t lie
Not often anyway
The problem is that though they don’t lie they use their prerogative
And change their fucking mind instead

<> (From the lads)
Ha, ha, ha
Ha, ha, ha

Well if you do fancy a fruit salad I guess I will meet you again

<> You will

But tonight is not the night
Josephine
Drank too much whiskey
And I am sick of being used
It might seem like a male fantasy for a woman to ask you to make her pregnant on the first night
But recently it happened to me
And apparently
The word on the grapevine is that she is pregnant
The last to find out
And I haven’t seen her since
So
If you keep your promise
I will see you
Sort of
Next time




<>

No comments: